Outstanding MSTP Students
- Chris Henderson (Grad 3, McNamara Lab) received a National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute F30 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Award
- Nadine Michel (Grad 4, McConnell Lab), Carol Rowley, (Grad 4, Kendall Lab), and Jon Suzich (Grad 3, Cliffe Lab) received three of the twelve 2019 Robert R. Wagner Fellowship Awards.
- Jon Suzich (Grad 2, Cliffe Lab) received a National Eye Institute F30 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Award.
- Nadine Michel (Grad 3, McConnell Lab) won best poster at the EMBO Workshop “Genome Dynamics in Neuroscience and Aging” in Herzliya, Israel. The title of Nadine’s poster was “The Neurodevelopmental Consequence of Genomic Stress.”
- 2019 Whitfield-Randolph Scholarship recipients: Nadine Michel (Grad 3, McConnell Lab) and Adam Lu (Grad 3, Beenhakker Lab)
- Adishesh “Adi” Narahari (Grad 3, Bayliss Lab) received a National Cancer Institute F30 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Award.
- Jessica Neville Little (Grad 4, Dwyer Lab) received a National Institute of Child Health and Human Development F30 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Award.
- Nadine Michel (Grad 3, McConnell Lab) was selected as one of only 15 Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) Fellows by the Society for Neuroscience (SfN).
- Jessica Neville Little (Grad 3, Dwyer Lab) won first place in the graduate student division of the poster competition at the Mid-Atlantic Society for Developmental Biology Regional Meeting. The title of Jessica’s poster was “Abscission defects in neural stem cells are associated with p53-dependent microcephaly.”
- Mark Rudolf (Grad 3, Corwin Lab) was one of three recipients of The Pharos Poetry Award. The title of Mark’s poem is “Anatomy of the Physician.”
- Shadi Khalil (Med 3, Goldfarb Lab) received a national award as a Rising Star in Iron and Heme research. Shadi was invited to present at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) sponsored Center for Iron and Heme Disorders (CIHD) Rising Stars Symposium.
- Richard “Ricky” Baylis (Grad 3, Owens Lab) was invited to attend the 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany.
- 2018 Whitfield-Randolph Scholarship recipients: Jessica Neville Little (Grad 3, Dwyer Lab) and Mark Rudolf (Grad 3, Corwin Lab)
- Jeffrey “Jeff” Xing (Grad 3, Loughran Lab) received a National Cancer Institute F30 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Award.
- 2017 Whitfield-Randolph Scholarship recipients: Scott Seki (Grad 4, Gaultier Lab) and Kristen Penberthy (Med 3, Ravichandran Lab)
- Nadine Michel (Grad 1, McConnell Lab) received one of the Diversity Programs’ ten Professional Development Awards.
- Mark Rudolf (Grad 2, Corwin Lab) received the 2017 Double Hoo Research Award for his project, titled “Identifying Factors influencing Mitotic Signaling in Hair Cell Regeneration