Med 2 (Year 2)
- Attend all MSTP required events as outlined by the policy.
- Complete two 4-week rotations during the summer between Med 1 and Med 2 years.
- Choose a mentor and complete the Program Declaration Form.
- Complete the Clerkship Transition course.
- Register and take the USMLE Step 1 prior to the School of Medicine deadline.
- Complete one clerkship.
- Begin working with your mentor.
- Successfully complete all course requirements as detailed by the Medical School.
- Register for health and dental insurance. If you choose to be on private insurance, notify the MSTP Coordinator.
- MED 8678: MSTP Summer Program (two 4-week lab rotations)
- MED 7102: Foundations of Clinical Medicine 1C
- MED 7423: Patient Student Partnership 1C
- MED 7753: Integrated Systems III
- MED 8699: Special Studies
- BIMS 8171: Research-in-Progress Colloquium
- BIMS 8172: Research-in-Progress Colloquium
- Med 2s are encouraged to complete one clerkship prior to beginning graduate work.
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found at http://records.ureg.virginia.edu/index.php.