Eugene Meyer III Professor of Neuroscience, Neurology
- MBBS, Medicine, University of Delhi
- PhD, Neuroscience, University of Virginia
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency, Neurology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Fellowship, Epilepsy/EEG, University of Michigan
Pathophysiology of Status Epilepticus; Mechanisms and pathways of seizure spread
1) Mapping circuits that sustain prolonged seizures using genetically modified animals, clarity and imaging.
2) Role of AMPA receptor plasticity in seizure spread.
3) Progesterone modulation of seizures and hippocampal excitability.
4) Mechanisms and treatment of neonatal seizures.